Call for Papers
Intelligent computing is a quite mature field of information and communication technology covering a hybrid palette of methods and techniques derived from classical artificial intelligence, computational intelligence, multi-agent systems a.o. Intelligent computing is generally known to be computationally intensive from the point of view of resources required: time, memory, bandwidth. As this is usually thought to be a drawback, distributed computing is expected to give an impetus to its practical applications. Moreover, intelligent techniques have also proved their usefulness to core distributed computing technologies like: planning & scheduling, load balancing, replication, resource allocation and management, etc. Therefore, the emergent field of intelligent and distributed computing is expected to pose new challenges of adaptation and fruitful combination of both areas. The aim of this symposium is to bring together researchers involved in intelligent and distributed computing to allow cross-fertilization and synergy of ideas and to enable advancement of researches in the field.
The symposium welcomes submissions of original papers concerning all aspects of intelligent and distributed computing ranging from concepts and theoretical developments to advanced technologies and innovative applications. Papers acceptance and publication will be judged based on their relevance to the symposium theme, clarity of presentation, originality and accuracy of results and proposed solutions. Topics include, but are not limited to, broadly understood:
- Intelligent service composition and orchestration
- E-service and Web intelligence
- Multi-agent systems
- Information extraction and retrieval in distributed environments
- Data mining and knowledge discovery in distributed environments
- Semantic and knowledge grids
- Intelligent integration of data and processes
- Ontologies and meta-data for describing heterogeneous resources and services
- Distributed problem solving
- Autonomic and adaptive computing
- Intelligence in mobile and ubiquitous computing
- Intelligence in cooperative information systems, groupware and workflows, virtual enterprises
- Intelligent applications in e-business/e-commerce, e-learning, e-health, e-science, e-government, .....